Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Yes, YOU CAN PAINT ON SLATE TILE WITH ACRYLIC PAINTS!

I decided to try my hand at painting on some slate tile... I just love the beautiful colors of slate.  Clean you slate with water and let dry.  Either sketch off a design or trace using white or light tracing paper. Lay out your craft paints and be sure to have some small brushes for tiny detail... you can use toothpicks for things like dots...just use your imagination. I am thinking about using a drill press to make a hole in mine so I can hang them with leather or wire.( will try it on a scrap piece first. They can also be used on your wall, follow grouting methods for this. Or you can just attach to different things or get small easels to sit them on. For these I used some bright leather acrylic paints... and when they were dry, I sealed them with a quality sealer made for slate tile, don't have the bottle handy but it was in a yellow bottle and it was a milky liquid. I applied two coats of this... it really brings out the colors of the acrylic and the slate itself. These are 4 x 4 in. tiles. Hope you enjoy my slate tile creations...











https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200743159854020.1073741829.1612870355&type=1&l=5ca1d915e0

No comments:

Post a Comment